Saturday, April 14, 2012

Far Cry 2

I have to say the game is pretty interesting at first,
with a decent story and friends, and crappy guns that blow up in your hands.

But, once you have played it for a while it quickly gets repetitive.

Example:
Drive a car through a small outpost, instantly have Africans shooting at you and chasing you with vehicles, stop the vehicle, get out, shoot with RPG, continue.
Repeat as needed, because every time you drive through the enemies will respawn.

Moving through the jungle severely needs some improvement, but the weapons are fun to shoot and maintain. It's not every day a game falls into your lap with every popular commie-bloc gun that blows up in your hands after 2 mags. Some interesting varietes, like suppressed Makarovs make it decently fun.

Not to mention stealing the African king's gold ;)

I would give it a 3.5 out of 5.


You can also find a video of the healing animations here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENswNs3Q-Fg

6 comments:

  1. I played "Far Cry" only for beautiful graphic. Nothing else. It's averege game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played this too, I agree that it gets repetitive but the tech is impressive, no loading screens, open world etc. They're working on Far Cry 3 so hopefully they keep the same mechanics and iron out the boring bits. The silent dart gun is my favourite, I like playing shooters stealthy like.

    Tegan Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good review, will check out the game when I have the time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this game, might have to check it out, cheers, followed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this site?
    I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers
    and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    My web site :: Mbox 360

    ReplyDelete